Wednesday 20 October 2010

Live Project? Yes Please!

I'm feeling really excited about this Yellow Week Brief we've been given! I think we've got an excellant team - and I really can't wait to get stuck into it! We've discussed a lot of ideas and feel quite drawn to the idea on touching upon the subject of 'Domestic Violence.' It sounds a bit wrong I know, it's a sensitive topic - but I felt we all liked that about it, it's something a lot of people would feel quite scared to do. It'll need a lot of research! but, we'll work it out...

From the meeting we came to the conclusion that we want our video to be really abstract, it should be dark yet beautiful.

I started looking into some Fashion films for inspiration.

This one is from SHOWStudio, presenting Gareth Pugh A/W 2010 (Ruth Hogben)

The music is completley in tune with the video! The models action hit every beat! I love that the darkness of the video. The ending... is simply beautiful! It really is. It's unexpected but really keeps you drawn to the screen!



SHOWStudio presenting Gareth Pugh S/S 2011 (Ruth Hogben)

I love the slowed down effect of this video and the gradual pace picked up. The abstract effect of it draws you in more, it really plays around with composition and repetition. The shapes created are simply beautiful! The pace of it all is constantly changing, you have to keep watching it - it almost makes it impossible to keep your eyes off!



Compexgeometries A/W 09 (Jason Last)

What makes this video so interesting I think is the music! It almost takes you to a lost world, a world which feels quite lonely? Yet so, so beautiful. I'm not sure how I feel about this film, to me it doesn't seem abstract enough - but the music itself is such an enticing piece.




Auguries of Innocence (Jason Last)

Jason Last is REALLY good with choosing the right sounds, voices and music. That's what makes the videos work so much! It immediatley draws the audiences in with the sounds - it's a sound, and voice which is difficult to ignore. It creates quite an eary feel - yet with so much depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment