Thursday 21 October 2010

Alvin Loy!
The workshop with him today - I felt went really well! As a person he's so passionate about what he does, and you can see that. He really inspired me - and it was incredible to just talk to him. I love how open he is about his life, his answers are honest and doesn't feel the need to hide anything from us. I guess one of the most important thing I remember him saying was about how you really need to know what you're designing. As a designer it's important to understand the production of how your garment is going to get made, and it made me think a lot. I've realised more so that everything you achieve is through your own hard work. Alvin used to make all of his collections before having a design team - which I think is really important for a designer to experience. He talked about how even when he designs something it doesn't always work out for him - no matter how much toiles and development he's had to do.
I'm considering going back into designing again - especially after today. I feel such a rush of inspiration. But we'll see! I'll decide over half term!

No comments:

Post a Comment