Friday 20 August 2010

Project..?
I have done so much research for this project, but still unsure as to where I want to take it... I've had so many ideas for each individual princess, but am struggling to stick to one to draw inspiration from for this project. The more and more research I do the more my minds changing, I was considering Queen Victoria for a long time...
I did a lot of research into the Victorian era, and the types of clothing they wore... If I were to choose her as a final I'd want to create something that shows her struggle and restricted childhood, and then her breaking free as she became a young Queen. Or something to show the strong bond between her and Albert. I seem to have done more research into her then anyone else, and I intend on visiting the V&A and the Victoria and Albert: Art and Love exhibition at Buckingham palace at the end of this month.
In terms of surface patterns for textiles, I'm hoping to take inspiration from the exhibitons to create something that shows that historical period.
Ahh I still have so much work to do! But I'm going to get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment